Make your own Scrunchie from Palava fabric.
TO MAKE YOUR OWN YOU WILL NEED
1 Strip of fabric 30cm Long, and as wide as you would like. 12cm is a good starting point.
1 Strip of elastic half the length of the fabric.
A Sewing Machine.
A skewer to help with threading the elastic.
1. Cut a 30 x 12cm rectangle out of the fabric you are using. You can adjust the width to your own preference.
2. Fold the fabric length ways and inside out. Match the edges and pin along the center.
3. Sew a straight line along the edge and remove the pins once done.
4. Pull the fabric the right way around.
5. Cut a strip of elastic approximately half the length of the material.
6. Pierce a hole in one end of the elastic using the skewer. Push the elastic through the tube of fabric holding the other end.
7. Tie the ends of elastic together.
8. Slightly overlap the two ends of the material and make your scrunchie shape.
9. Sew along the overlapped edges of fabric and wear your new scrunchie!
Thanks to Amelie for providing us with this tutorial. Well done!